When our immune system reacts sensitively to a certain organism, such as pollen, dust, an ingredient or the compound of a medicine, an allergy occurs. This condition, very common in spring, generates discomfort to those who suffer from it, preventing in some cases facing their daily routine with good disposition. So what to do when the time of allergies comes? We give you some home remedies for allergies that will help you feel much better.
Steps to follow:
1. The allergies occur when our immune system reacts to the presence of certain organisms treating them as if they were germs, which causes such as histamine and immunoglobulin are released. These substances are responsible for some of the main allergy symptoms: sneezing, runny nose, eye irritation and various discomforts.
Antihistamine medications are usually prescribed for allergy control, but there are also natural alternatives to end the discomfort.
2. Nettle, a very popular medicinal plant, is one of the most popular allergy home remedies. Although this plant can produce sensitivity and discomfort in the skin, prepared in infusion is an excellent natural option to prevent the release of histamine. It is recommended to drink 3 cups of nettle infusion daily, a plant that can be purchased at any natural products store.
3. Salt and baking soda are excellent allies when it comes to combating nasal discomfort caused by allergy. Simply mix half a teaspoon of salt and half a bicarbonate in half a cup of warm water (never hot or cold). Apply a few drops to each nostril and allow the water to come out, then gently wipe with a tissue. Sodium and bicarbonate will work by cleaning the nostrils, eliminating pollen, dust or debris that causes nasal discomfort and sneezing, effectively helping to reduce these symptoms.
4. One of the simplest, most effective and beneficial allergy home remedies is green tea. This drink full of benefits for our health, also has the ability to block the production of histamine, helping to relieve allergy symptoms. As in the case of nettle infusion, it is recommended to drink 3 cups a day to improve the allergic picture.
5. The liquor ice, a medicinal plant fairly common use, is also an effective home remedy for allergies, helping to inhibit the production of immunoglobulin thus helping to reduce some of the symptoms of allergy. It is recommended to consume it in infusion, for which you can use licorice root. Drinking 3 cups a day when we present an allergic picture, both respiratory and topical, may help improve symptoms.
6. If you suffer from allergies frequently, you need to increase your vitamin C intake because this nutrient is a very effective natural antihistamine. It is best to add foods rich in vitamin C to your diet, which will also help you improve your defenses and keep you much healthier.
7. Another food that can help you effectively reduce allergy symptoms is apple. Thanks to the content of quercetin found in your skin this fruit can inhibit the symptoms that are unleashed against any allergen. The recommendation is to consume a daily apple, especially in those periods in which we are more prone to this condition, such as in the spring.
8. And if the problem is that you are allergic to mites, in our article how to prevent allergy to mites we give you some good recommendations to avoid it.