Headache can occur for many reasons, and not always a paracetamol or ibuprofen manages to eliminate it completely. That is when we turn to the “grandmother’s tricks” and other home remedies in order to try to eliminate this uncomfortable discomfort. One of the most famous natural tricks is to make juice with raw potato for migraines.
But the potato is not only good for the headache, but also for other symptoms, such as fever, which can subside slightly with the help of this tuber. If you want to know the properties of the potato to eliminate the headache and other evils, do not miss this article on how to cure the headache with potatoes.
Benefits and healing properties of the potato
As we mentioned, the potato or potato is not only useful for headaches, but also for other health problems. This is because the potato contains large amounts of complex minerals, vitamins, proteins and carbohydrates, among others, that make the potato have multiple benefits and healing properties, such as the following:
- Reduces blood pressure: recent studies have shown that the potato contains kukoamines, a component that helps reduce blood pressure. While the amount of recommended daily potatoes that should be consumed is not yet known exactly, it is believed that with only 2 potatoes a day, we would see our blood pressure reduced.
- It relieves gout pain: regularly drinking raw potato juice would help decrease gout pain. And if we also mix the juice of potatoes with a little honey, it would help us to detoxify the organism and more rapidly eliminate excess uric acid from the organism.
- It lowers bad cholesterol: they have recently discovered that potato skin contains more than 60 types of phytochemicals and vitamins that help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and keep arteries free of fat.
- They improve digestion: the potato contains high levels of fiber, so consuming potatoes often helps us to go to the bathroom better.
- Improves stress and emotional balance: since potatoes have large amounts of vitamin B6, they help in cell renewal, so our nervous system would maintain a healthier state and, at the same time, our emotions would be more balanced.
- Treat anemia: potatoes contain a lot of iron and folic acid, two substances needed to improve the state of anemia.
- It relieves the headache: due to its anti-inflammatory, calming, anti-irritant and antibacterial properties, the potato can help relieve the headache by consuming it raw in the form of juice.
However, the benefits of potatoes for the organism are still being studied, since until a few years ago it was considered that this tuber was a rather “empty” food that is, lacking the vitamins and nutrients necessary for our health. However, it is also believed that it can help with liver problems and to protect and fight against some types of cancer, such as colon cancer.
How to use the potato for headache
To eliminate the headache with potatoes, the juice of the potato is usually consumed.
Potato juice for migraines
If you have migraines frequently, the ideal thing is to consume a glass of potato juice in the morning:
- Take a raw potato and peel it.
- Then, cut it into pieces and beat it with a blender to get all its juice.
- Mix the raw potato juice with warm water and drink it.
Although this may be an effective method, it is always better to first go to the doctor so that he can determine if it is good to try this natural remedy in your case, as well as the amount of potato juice you should consume.
Other natural remedies for headache
There are other natural remedies to eliminate the headache, such as:
- Ginger Infusion: Ginger has great anti-inflammatory properties that would help eliminate headache quickly and effectively.
- Peppermint tea: consuming peppermint tea also helps decrease headache due to the healing properties of peppermint.
- Onion compresses: Onions are also very useful for headaches. It would be necessary to cook the onion and then put it on the forehead with some kind of cloth.